Since 10 December 2020, all Chinese citizens and other nationals are required to apply for health code or health declaration form 2 days prior to board China-bound flights by providing negative test reports of COVID-19 Nucleic Acid (PCR) test and serum IgM antibody (IgM antibody) test. Airline companies are to verify the health code or health declaration form, and anyone without a valid health code or health declaration form will be declined to board.
The following information is specified to people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or had been infected by COVID-19, and also contains additional requirement for serum IgM antibody (IgM) test:
1. People who have been fully vaccinated.
(1) He/She must have had the full dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine. He/She is not considered as fully vaccinated if not meet the requirement of the dosage.
He/She should only undertake the pre-departure PCR and IgM antibody tests 14 days after being fully vaccinated, or his/her application for the health code or health declaration form will not be approved.
(2) People who have been fully vaccinated must provide vaccine certificate with the following information: full name, date of birth, name of vaccine, date of the first and second doses were given, and place of given.
How to request for vaccine certificate:
1. If he/she has been vaccinated in New Zealand, he/she may obtain vaccine certificate through the official website https://mycovidrecord.health.nz
2. If he/she has been vaccinated in China, he/she may obtain vaccine certificate through the Prevention Health Code International Version mini program on Wechat.
2. People who had been infected with COVID-19.
If he/she has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or has not been confirmed case of COVID-19, however has received positive test reports of any of the following tests: COVID-19 PCR, IgM and IgG antibody, is considered as infected with COVID-19. He/She can only apply for the health code (health declaration form) after fully recovered, and completed a period in isolation and health monitoring and relevant health check. The procedure is as followed:
(1) After he/she has fully recovered, he/she must provide a diagnosis evidence of CT lung scanning or X-Ray from a qualified health provider, confirming that he/she has not been infected with COVID-19 or had been infected with COVID-19 but has since fully recovered. He/She must also complete two COVID-19 PCR tests showing negative test results (samples must be taken at 24 hours interval), and also send the test reports for verification within 3 days to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General in accordance with consular district jurisdiction
(2) He/She must go into self-isolation and monitor health for 14 days once the verification has been completed, and also complete the Personal Health Monitoring Form (See Appendix 2).
(3) After the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General in New Zealand confirms that he/she meets the requirement, he/she can now book COVID-19 PCR and IgM antibody tests, and apply for the health code (health declaration from) 48 hours prior to board China-bound flight.
Please contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General in New Zealand in advance to avoid travel delays.
3. Close contact or people showing suspect symptom
He/she should go into a 14 days self-isolation immediately and monitor his/her health, and complete the Personal Health Monitoring Form (See Appendix 2). Please take COVID-19 PCR tests on day 1, day 4, and day 7 during the monitoring period, if all tests came back with negative test results, he/she can apply for the health code (health declaration from) 48 hours prior to board China-bound flight by providing negative test results of COVID-19 PCR and IgM (Nucleocapsid) antibody after completing the self-isolation.
4. Starting from 1 December 2021, negative test reports of COVID-19 PCR and IgM (Nucleocapsid) are required when applying for health code or health declaration form.
(1) He/She may apply for the health code or health declaration form as usual if he/she gets negative test results of COVID-19 PCR and IgM (Nucleocapsid).
(2) He/She gets negative test result of COVID-19 PCR, but a positive test result of IgM (Nucleocapsid):
If he/she has been vaccinated with inactivated vaccine, he/she may apply for the health code or health declaration form by providing details of vaccine, and upload vaccine certificate, and also submit the Letter of Commitment on COVID-19 Vaccination (See Appendix 1)
If he/she has not been vaccinated or vaccinated with live viral vaccine, he/she is considered as infected, when applying for health code or health declaration form, please follow the relevant instruction in Part 2.
(3) If he/she provides a positive test report of total antibody test (IgM + IgG), he/she must take additional IgM (Nucleocapsid) test.
5. The Chinese Embassy and Consulate-General in New Zealand will issue the health code or health declaration form based on test reports and other documents provided. Details can be found in the attached Q&As on Applying for Health Code or Health Declaration Form.
Appendix 1: Letter of Commitment on COVID-19 Vaccination
Appendix 2: Personal Health Monitoring Form
Embassy of the People's Republic of China in New Zealand
Chinese Consulate-General in Auckland
Chinese Consulate-General in Christchurch